Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Emma and Eginhard

Photobucket

'Emma and Eginhard' by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is full of tenderness and love. Eginhard's feeling for the princess Emma are instant and strong.
The pic is from a favorite movie 'Amazing Grace' which featured an excellent cast and a great story of freedom and courage.

Photobucket

Above is my favorite quote from the poem together with a photo from the new adaptation of 'A Room With a View' which I thought was excellent.



Photobucket

This photo I took last winter on my back deck. I was so surprised at how well it fit with the quote.

I hope you get a chance to read the whole poem sometime I'm sure you can find it online. Also Amazing Grace and A Room With a View are noteworthy films.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...