Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Sweet Wood

I've gone for two long walks in as many weeks in my new favorite get away, Vaughn Woods. This privately owned wood is in trust and opened to the public for walking and exploring. They keep the trails fairly well maintained and the sights boast a pond, a waterfall, a brook, a meadow and many stone bridges three of them very good sized. The beauty of the creations found there are only enhanced because I know the creator who is also my savior. I went with my family and we all took lots of pictures.

woods small
"He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing." Job 28:10

kl small
"What delight! what felicity! You give me fresh life and vigour. Adieu to disappointment and spleen. What are men to rocks and mountains?" - Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

boards small
"And you, ye well-known trees! -- but you will continue the same. -- No leaf will decay because we are removed, nor any branch become motionless although we can observe you no longer! -- No; you will continue the same; unconscious of the pleasure or the regret you occasion, and insensible of any change in those who walk under your shade! -- But who will remain to enjoy you?" - Marianne Dashwood, Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen

medium bridge small
"Oh, yes, I should like to join you very much, I am very fond of a long walk...I cannot imagine why they should suppose I should not like a long walk!...Everybody is always supposing that I am not a good walker..." - Mary Musgrove, Persuasion by Jane Austen

Photobucket
"Is there a felicity in the world," said Marianne, "superior to this? Margaret, we will walk here at least two hours." - Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen

lengthways small
"Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:38-40

wild strawberry small
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Psalm 19:1

Photobucket
I couldn't help taking so many pictures, it's just a lovely place that I hope to go back to again and again.

I've had the last three days off and have enjoyed spending time with my family, shopping, playing volleyball with our College & Career class, going out for ice cream cones, playing board games with my baby sister, attending all services at church, and enjoying a hymn sing and fellowship with other believers, and ended out the night watching a new Miss Marple movie. Too bad it's back to work tomorrow, but I don't mind working the next three days because I have my birthday off on Thursday. Can't wait! :)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are starting out a new weekend enjoying sunshine and summer air.

Mood:
busy
Busy

3 comments:

lorhen82 said...

Thank you for taking us with you on your walk through the woods! Gorgeous photos! ~Lori

Sarah said...

Lauri,
I loved this blog of yours. The pictures were grat and love the scriptures and qoutes that went along with them. So happy you had a good week-end. Have a good week at work! Prayers are with you! God bless. Love, Sarah

Rose said...

What beauty! I'm actually planning on going for a walk today to enjoy the morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...