Saturday, November 21, 2009

Resting And Trusting

Photobucket

It's been a while since I've written about what is going on in my life. As I have mentioned before the past year I have been working at an assisted living facility for Alzheimer's residents. Yesterday was my last day of work at that facility. For many months I have known that it is the Lord's will for me to move on. I have so enjoyed my time with these lovely older people. I've learned so much, not just medically, but also in life experiences and wisdom from the lives of folks I've met.

The next question everyone asks is why? do you have another job? My answer is no, I do not have another job. One of the biggest reasons for not working is not having transportation through the snow this winter. Other spiritual and physical reasons have led up to this decision especially the need for spiritual re-grouping. So I will not be working this winter instead I will be getting physical rest and spiritual rejuvenation.

Working in a secular environment I was definitely feeling the need for separation as Paul mentions in Romans 12:1-2:
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."


Photobucket

With at least three months of free time on my hands I intend to do everything that I've been wanting to do the last year but haven't gotten to. Here's a short list:
  • Completing BBNBI free online bible courses
  • Practicing piano
  • Becoming physically healthy and fit
  • Driving practice in preparation for my license
  • Continuing in homemaking skills - baking, cooking, sewing, crochet, cleaning
  • Writing my novel (NaNoWriMo isn't gong too well for me)
  • Correspondence with family and friends
  • And of course more blogging!
This is only a short list of the things I'd like to do. I'd also like to go to every service at my church, rejoin the church choir and spend time getting reacquainted with my family. We'll start getting reacquainted when we take a trip for Thanksgiving to an old-fashioned place, Old Sturbridge Village! We leave Thanksgiving day and come back Saturday, I can't wait! :)

Photobucket

Though I will be looking for the Lord's leading all along come spring I will actively start looking for somewhere else to use the certifications I've received. I'd really like to care for elderly ladies in their homes and am praying toward that end. Who knows where the Lord will lead me next! I'm just so thankful that I can be a stay-at-home-daughter for right now and have no pressures to work. I am so blessed!

My dear friend Kyrstin was very sweet in her comments:
"What faith you have to follow God and leave your job without having a next one. I am excited to hear where God will lead next! You will definitely be kept in my prayers as you seek God for His will."

I'm not really sure I've thought of it this way but her comments do bring new perspective to my decision.

Hope your weekend is going well!

Mood:
thirsty
Thirsty (for God's Word)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Beautiful images, Sophie Anderson's art is lovely!

I hope that you have a good break - rejuvenation is important. Best wishes on finishing your novel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...