Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn Blog Updates - Suggestions Wanted!

It's officially Autumn and I'm so excited because it means that I can now put up one of the colorful autumn headers that I made! This is my favorite season for several reasons which include the sights, colors, smells and feel of the whole thing! Yay!
I'm ready to crunch through autumn leaves which rapped up in a pretty shawl and sipping hot apple cider! :)

So I've changed my header but I've also made a few other changes. If you'll notice my sidebar has changed as well. I added pretty artwork to my links on the top of my sidebar. I've also included a list of my period film reviews to the sidebar.
My favorite is the beautiful period artwork with some of my favorite quotes! And now I need your help! I need more quotes to add and I'd really like some suggestions. Old-fashioned quotes - suggest away! :)

I have three free-standing pages as well. Old-Fashioned Films is a list of old-fashioned or period dramas which I suggest. I recently added a list of Black & White films which I enjoy. Any additions to these lists are very welcome!
The Old-Fashioned Blogs page contains blog button links to some of my favorite blogs. If I don't have a link to your blog here let me know if you have a free blog button I can add.
The Old-Fashioned Me page is all about me. I hope to add photos and more about myself as time goes on.

Here's my previous header:

4 comments:

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

I absolutely love your blog! I am a big fan of Jane Austen and period films. I love seeing your lovely posts. Here are some of my favorite quotes I have found:

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." ---C.S. Lewis

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." --- Jane Austen, Emma

"After all our debatings and difficulties, we find there is nothing that will suit us altogether so well, nothing so unexceptionable, as Lovers' Vows.” --- Jane Austen

My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." --- George Eliot

I hope those help. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog! Have a wonderful fall!

Auberne` Ancalimon @-`---

Miss Laurie said...

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I have already added them to my sidebar! I'm glad you enjoy my blog, comments make my day! :)

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

You are welcome! I am glad you like them. You can tell I like Jane Austen. ;) Which is your favorite JA movie? My favorite is the old P&P and S&S with Emma Thompson.

Auberne` Ancalimon @-`---

Miss Laurie said...

My favorite Jane Austen adaptation is probably Persuasion with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds. In that they totally got the story and the settings. I love watching and re-watching all of the adaptations though! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...