Friday, February 4, 2011

A Bit of Celtic Fun!


I just found out that my one of my favorite Celtic groups is releasing a new DVD concert and accompanying CD! Celtic Thunder is a group that my sister and I have really enjoyed. Their spunky versions of classical and contemporary Celtic songs is so much fun to watch and listen to!
I'm really excited that this new album 'Heritage' will feature several old-fashioned ballads from Ireland, Scotland and England! Songs like Black Is The Colour, My Love Is Like A Red Red Rose, Skye Boat Song and Buchaill On Eirne (Come By The Hills). Also songs sung by other famous Irish groups like The Duchman, Home From The Sea, Just A Song At Twilight and A Place in the Choir

Miss Bea and I had so much fun watching the Sizzle Reel for Celtic Thunder: Heritage and can't wait for it to be released on February 22! 


While looking up a few of the songs we'd never heard before we found this adorable video on YouTube of the song A Place In The Choir sung by The Clancy Brothers. The animals in the video are so cute and go so well with the song. Enjoy!





Thanks for letting me share this bit of silliness with you! :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!


With Love,

3 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

I love Celtic Thunder too. My family has been listening to them for a long time now. Looking forward to the new show!
Abigail

JaneGS said...

I'll have to check out Celtic Thunder--I grew up listening to the Clancey Bros. records, thanks for the video! Made me smile.

Abigail and Lydia said...

Which songs do you like best? I like "Ireland's Call", "Caledonia", "A Bird Without Wings", and "Castles in the Air". There's a few I don't care for but most of them are great. I bought their Christmas CD and it was really good too.
Abigail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...