Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Announcing: Charles Dickens Birthday Week!


Author Charles Dickens was born February 7, 1812 and is one of the best loved writers in classic literature. This year marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens's birth. In honor of this event I'm hosting a Charles Dickens Birthday Week here at Old-Fashioned Charm from February 5-11.

The posts each day will include games, tag questions to answer, giveaways, reviews, guest posts and other delightful Dickensian things to read! I hope all of you will join me in celebrating the life and works of Mr. Dickens!

Birthday Week Posting Schedule
Saturday 11th: Conclusion Post


Join In The Fun: 
During this week I encourage you to post about Charles Dickens on your own blog. Tell about your favorite Dickens novel, share favorite moments from a Dickens film adaptation, write about a favorite Dickensian character, pen a birthday letter or poem to Mr. Dickens, or make some fan art with screencaps and quotes.  If you post something related to Charles Dickens life or works be sure to let me know!    

Want to tell others about this Charles Dickens Birthday Week? Use one of the buttons below. 
Also feel free to use these buttons when you post anything related to Charles Dickens during his birthday week or when you post your answers to the tag questions!

Buttons:

Old-Fashioned Charm








Banners:



Old-Fashioned Charm










Yes, I got a little carried away with the buttons but I wanted to give ya'll lots of options! I'm terribly excited, are you?

Will you consider writing a Charles Dickens related post?
Which button is your favorite?

7 comments:

Jujube said...

I'm excited for the Charles Dickens Birthday Week! This will be the first Dickens event for me to join in. Most of the time, the only events I join are Jane Austen ones.

Abby said...

I'm very much looking forward to this! I'm really getting into Dickens this year, what with all the events that are going on :)
I literally just posted a review of the Edwin Drood adaptation I saw recently, so unfortunately that's too early to be part of the event, but I will be posting some more Dickens related stuff during the week :')
You can never have too many buttons! I'm going to add one to my blog right away.

~Abby

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Jemimah,
I'm so happy you're able to join! Thanks so much for putting one of the buttons on your blog!

Abby,
I'm getting into Dickens this year too and it's mostly thanks to the Charles Dickens Reading Challenge at your blog! I've loved Dickens film adaptations for years but finally reading him is even better! I'm so glad you're going to join in the Birthday Week! A review of the new Edwin Drood film? I'll have to go check it out right now! Thanks for putting up one of the buttons! :)

Elizabeth said...

I hope to be able to participate! I am looking forward to it. I love all your buttons I will have to think a little before I pick witch one. I may change the button on my blog a few times. ;)

Also thank you so much for commenting on my post and voting!! I really appreciate it!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

This sounds wonderful !! I will put a button on my site, so people can find your blog !! I love the work by mr. Charles Dickens !!
Have a great day.

Margarita Carretero González said...

Hi, there!
I am celebrating Dickens's bicentenary with a new blog. The countdown started on 1st February and today I wrote the first full-lenght entry. You can have a loot at happybicentenarymrdickens.blogspot.com.
Congratulations for a wonderful blog and, here's to Mr. Dickens!!!

Lit~Lass said...

Lovely event and lovely buttons! May I ask if you made these yourself and how it's done? (I'm hoping to either find someone to make me a button or learn to make them myself for a Browning Birthday Week I'm planning to host.) Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...