Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Jane Austen Keep Calms

Since Miss Dashwood has selected the finalists in her Jane Austen Keep Calm contest voting is commencing I'm wanted to go ahead and post the other Jane Austen Keep Calm posters that I was inspired to make.

These were my two entries for Miss Dashwood's contest:

Pride and Prejudice
"I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow." - Mr. Darcy


Emma
"Why, I could almost fancy myself at Maple Grove, my brother-in-law Mr. Suckling's seat you know. Yes, the morning room there is just such a shape and size as this. ...I am extremely partial to Maple Grove. My brother and sister will be enchanted with this place, people with extensive grounds are always pleased with anything in the same style." - Mrs. Elton, Emma (1997)


And here are a few others I was inspired to make:

Persuasion
"I do admire the navy! These sailors have more worth than any other set of men in England!" - Louisa Musgrove, Persuasion (1995)

Mansfield Park 
"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. I quit such odious subjects as soon as I can, impatient to restore everybody, not greatly in fault themselves, to tolerable comfort, and to have done with all the rest." - Chapter 48

Pride and Prejudice
"But do you always write such charming long letters to her, Mr. Darcy? ... It is a rule with me that a person who can write a long letter with ease cannot write ill." - Caroline Bingley

Northanger Abbey 
"To begin perfect happiness at the respective ages of twenty–six and eighteen is to do pretty well..." - Chapter 31

Northanger Abbey 
"...and if a rainy morning deprived them of other enjoyments, they were still resolute in meeting in defiance of wet and dirt, and shut themselves up, to read novels together." - about Catherine & Isabella, Chapter 5

Emma
"Ah! there is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort. Nobody can be more devoted to home than I am." - Mrs. Elton


I had also considered making a poster that said "Keep Calm and give one smirk" so I adore Jemimah's delightful Henry Tilney poster! :)

Thanks for this contest Miss Dashwood it was so much fun! :)

Don't forget to check out the tons of amazing entries in the comments of the contest post and vote for your favorite finalists at Miss Dashwood's blog.


Which of these Keep Calm posters is your favorite?
Do you have any other suggestions for Jane Austen Keep Calms? (if there's a few I might make them up into posters for fun.)

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh my you came up with some good ones, my dear! :D ♥

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Thank you Bekah! :)

Kirsten Fichter said...

The one of Mr. Woodhouse is my favorite! I love the way he is portrayed in Emma (2009). Home is truly where real comfort is. Besides, when you go out in public, people may be prone to do something "rather reprehensible, like opening a window." :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...