Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tag of Elevens

The Tag of Elevens is being passed around and I have been kindly tagged by four different ladies: Charity at AustenitisMiss Dashwood at Yet Another Period Drama BlogHayden at The Story Girl and Payton at Dirth and Dickens. Thank you all, this was fun! :)

Tag Rules:
-Tell 11 Random things about yourself.
-Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
-Create 11 new questions for people you tag.
-Tag 11 people.


Since CharityMiss DashwoodHayden and Payton each had different questions I'm going to skip the first step of telling 11 random things about myself and get straight to answering the questions. 





Charity's Questions:

1. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Waffles, hash browns, bacon, danish, muffins, pretty much I love breakfast! And orange juice is a must! :)

2. What’s your favorite book by Jane Austen?
Northanger Abbey! It was the first JA novel I read, I've also listened to my audiobook cassette tapes of NA so many times that quotes from the book crop up at the oddest moments!

3. What’s your favorite period drama?
Jane Austen adaptations (Persuasion 1995 is my favorite) come first on the list followed by Elizabeth Gaskell adaptations (Cranford is my favorite) and Charles Dickens adaptations (favorite is Little Dorrit).

4. What’s your favorite book by a more modern author?
I love The Princess by Lori Wick. I also like anything by Janette Oke and the Dinah Harris Mystery series by Christian author Julie Cave.

5. What’s your favorite kind of chip?
Salt & vinegar potato chips and Sun chip. I actually love chips!

6. What’s your favorite fast food restaurant?
Taco Bell - their Nacho Bell Grandes and grilled stuffed burritos are my favorites. I also love Subway (with chips, hehe)!

7. What’s your favorite classic book not by Jane Austen?
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is probably my favorite non-Austen book. I also love A Christmas Carol and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and Rose In Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.

8. What’s your favorite Jane Austen film adaption?
Persuasion 1995 followed closely by Emma 2009.

9. What’s your favorite movie soundtrack?
Probably Pride & Prejudice (2005) but I also enjoy Sense & Sensibility (1995), Emma (2009) and also The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) is fun.

10. What’s your favorite place to read?
Curled up in a comfy chair or couch, especially when it's rainy outside. I also like to read in bed just before (or instead of) going to sleep.

11. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
Anything about Jane Austen, her novels or characters is good. I also love posting about historic characters because it means I get to do a bit research and share some of my findings wit my lovely readers. :) 



Yet Another Period Drama Blog

Miss Dashwood's Questions:

1. Describe your dream pair of shoes.
Cute and comfy. I usually have a hard time finding shoes because all of the cute ones are usually too narrow or they are heels and a lot of the super comfy ones aren't as pretty. I wish they made cute styles like they have for little girls (Mary Janes, sandals, sneakers) in ladies sizes!

2. What's your favorite children's picture book?
I loved being read to as a child so I had a lot of favorite books. One of my favorites was Ten Items or Less by Stephanie Calmenson a story where a little girl goes shopping with her mom and has to count the items they get to make sure they can check out in the 10 items or less line. And I still like reading kids books from time to time. :)

3. What's your favorite fruit?
Grapes maybe. I love all kinds of fruits especially raspberries, strawberries, apples, bananas, melons and oranges.

4. How tall are you? (I always like to know how tall people are-- not sure why. Don't worry, I'm not asking for your weight... and if you feel it's an invasion of your privacy to post your height, you can substitute a picture of a cute kitten for this question.)
I'm 5 foot, 2 and half inches (and very proud of that half inch!) but I'm posting a photo of a cute kitten anyway because I love kitties!

5. If money was no object, where would you like to go on your honeymoon?
Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England (in that order) and then maybe Prince Edward Island. Yeah, I think it might take a while to see everything I want to see! hehe

6. Who is your favorite singer?
My all-time favorite singer is probably Josh Groban, his voice is so rich and never gets old.

7. What's the next book on your to-read list?
Haha! This question is tricky to answer because if you could only see my shelf of to-read books you'd probably die of shock! I'm not a fast reader at all so I have lots of books I want to read and just haven't yet. I'm currently reading Great Expectations and then I have two books in Colleen Coble's Mercy Falls series to read.

8. What's your biggest language-related pet peeve? (i.e., what phrases or words bug you the most?)
The phrase "anywho" bugs me a bit just because it doesn't have much meaning. Also I dislike it when people use texting speech in everyday conversation.

9. Which movie lines do you quote the most? (share as many or as few as you like)
Well I come from a family of movie quoters so there are A LOT of films we quote from.
All of the Jane Austen adaptations contain a lot of favorite quotes but particularly Sense & Sensibility 1995 and Persuasion 1995. The whole of Princess Bride is quoted almost daily in my house and by my extended family. Others my family quotes from: Much Ado About Nothing, Wives and Daughters, Anne of Green Gables, Bleak House, Courageous, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean movies, National Treasure movies, lots of Disney films, Muppet Christmas Carol, Eloise movies, musicals, Pink Panther movies, You've Got Mail, Ernest movies and a lot of others from time to time.
My sister and I also quote from the Robin Hood TV show, North & South and a few others of our favorites.

10. If you could wear any outfit from a movie for a day, what would you choose?
Probably on of Emma Woohouses lovely dresses from Emma (2009), I love the fabrics and colors of her dresses!

11. What's your favorite dessert?
Ice cream is always a favorite but I have a huge sweet tooth!




The Story Girl


Hayden's Questions:

1. What is your middle name? (If you don’t feel comfortable posting that online, what is a name that you especially like?)
My middle name is Brittany, and I don't really like it because of how popular the name has gotten in recent years. But my names sound pretty nice together: Laurie Brittany.

2. What is your least favorite book?
There's lots of books I haven't read which I'm sure I wouldn't like. Of the books I have read I didn't like The Jane Austen Book Club, I skipped a great deal of it and wished the whole time that it could have been different - better.

3. If you could be in charge of directing one movie based on a novel, what would that book be?
Definitely Mansfield Park (but if a new Northanger Abbey was in the works I'd need to have my part of the conversation!) because I've recently fallen in love with the story and the characters and hope one day to see a miniseries made that represents the story and Miss Fanny Price correctly.

4. How many siblings do you have?
Two - my brother is four years younger and my sister is nine years younger.

5. If you are not home schooled, do you wish you were? If you are, what’s your favorite thing about home schooling?
My favorite thing about being home schooled was doing school in my jim-jams (PJs) but we also had some of the best field trips.

6. Who is your favorite Bible character (besides Jesus!)
Esther, I admire her strength, faith and bravery.

7. If you had to pick a music CD that you think described you as a person, what would it be?
Hmm...maybe the Sense & Sensibility 1995 soundtrack? The titles of the songs are sort of fit and I love the music. I can't really think of any other possibilities.

8. What is your favorite musical?
Singin' In The Rain is a favorite but I also love Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof and The Phantom of the Opera.

9. Would you rather visit Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, or Ancient Babylon?
Oh dear! None of these? Ancient cultures aren't really my thing. Maybe Ancient Rome and I'd visit Paul when he was in house arrest. I've also always wondered what his death was like, what words he spoke at the last (a bit morbid I know).

10. Quick! Pick one! Rock, paper, or scissors?
Paper, always paper. :)

11. You’ve been nominated for an Academy award! Describe the dress you’d wear on the red carpet.
Pretty, feminine, modest, has sleeves (haha!), absolutely no sequins and probably either blue or purple.




Payton's 11 Questions:

1. What character in the Bible can you most relate to and why?
Maybe Gideon or Thomas but I'd like to be like Ruth or Esther.

2. What is one of your biggest fears?
Wow, this is a rather tricky question. Maybe fire.

3. If you could spend a day with a fictional character, who would it be?
Henry Tilney! Just because he's my favorite Austen hero. But any other Austen character would do! :)

4. What is your favorite season of the year?
Definitely Autumn and Autumn in New England because it's so beautiful!

5. God sees you as beautiful and lovely. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Do you mean physical or personality? Well I do really like my hair which is long, dark, incredibly thick and wavy. Of course I do have bad hair days but thankfully they are few.

6. Who is your favorite historical figure, and why do you admire him/her?
Well, Jane Austen is an obvious choice so I'm going to choose someone less obvious. I really like Queen Victoria and the impact she had on her country and the world. I admire her strength and deep attachment to Price Albert.

7. You just won $50,000. What are you going to do with it?
Fix up my car, pay for some family medical needs, redecorate my room and donate to my favorite camping ministry. But a trip to meet a special Nonsensical Friend might also be in order. ;)

8. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? (i.e., Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc)
Mexican is probably my favorite but I also love Italian and American Chinese food.

9. If you could change the name of a fictional character, who would it be and why?
Henry Crawford because I don't think he deserves the name of Henry! Something more like George or Richard would suit better because Villain or Scoundrel might be a little bit obvious. Hehe!

10. What is your opinion on garden gnomes?
They are a little bit creepy and if you turn your back on them they might just steal your lunch! haha JK
But then I still want to see Gnomeo & Juliet because I've heard it's cute.

11. What is currently your favorite song?
Maid of Culmore sung by Celtic Thunder.


My 11 Questions
1. What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?
2. Which M&M color is your favorite?
3. What is your favorite type of salad dressing?
4. Have you ever read a book by Agatha Christie?
5. Do you name your electronic gadgets?
6. Flip flops or sandals? Why?
7. Which Elizabeth Gaskell story (novel or movie) is your favorite?
8. What time of day is your favorite?
9. Which song would you most like to learn how to play on a musical instument?
10. Would you rather live in the Regency Era or the Victorian Era?
11. What are your favorite names for a girl? and for a boy?

I'm Tagging: Many of my blogging friends have already been tagged so instead of trying to tag 11 different people I'm just going to say that if you are reading this and would like to answer the questions I came up with then "tag, you're it!"
Also, if you like any of my questions please feel free to answer them in a comment instead. I love hearing from you! :)

Very Truly Your's,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers, Miss Laurie!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. And yes, you were correct on #5. I've never met a girl who was perfectly happy with how she looks...and that's so sad because that's NOT how God sees us. We are each beautiful to Him, so we need to see ourselves that way! =)

Amen on Henry Crawford!! =)

Bekah said...

Well I certainly had fun answering the questions & I enjoyed reading all your answers too!

If you'd like to read my answers, I'd love for you to stop by & drop me a note at: http://bekahwall.blogspot.ca/2012/04/tag-of-elevens.html

Bekah said...

Thanks for the note! :D

Lydia said...

i am soooo glad that you love Josh Groban!!!!!!!!!!! he is my favorite singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his voice is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...