|Based on Anne of Green Gables (1986)|
Don't know what a Keep Calm poster is? The saying "Keep Calm And Carry On" was originated by Winston Churchill in England during WWII. The saying has recently become more popular than every with merchandise of all types showing up in bookstores and other shops. There have also been many spin-offs related to everything imaginable (usually favorite books, films and TV shows) circulating on blogs and websites lately too.
In this contest your entries must be related to your favorite period dramas and they must being with the phrase "Keep Calm And" (but just "Keep Calm" is okay too if it works with your saying).
Here's a couple examples of Period Drama related Keep Calms:
|Based on Little Women (1994)|
|Based on North & South (2004)|
Entries & Rules:
- Create your own witty posters beginning with "Keep Calm And..." or "Keep Calm" that are related to your favorite period dramas (and try to think outside Jane Austen - Dickens, Gaskell, Alcott, Montgomery, Downton Abbey or other period films).
- You may enter up to two Keep Calm posters.
- Post your Keep Calms on your blog or website and leave the link in a comment, or if you don't have a blog leave image URL in a comment.
- When you comment please tell which period drama(s) your sayings come from.
- Contest will be open for entries from now until 12:00 AM (EST) on Thursday, May 3rd at which time I will choose my five favorite posters and will post them and a poll for everyone to vote for their favorite. Winners will be posted Sunday, May 6th.
- Sayings may be related to any period drama but keep in mind that the more well-known or witty the saying the better chance it will have of being generally agreeable.
- Please keep your entries clean and upbeat.
- Photos on your posters are encouraged by not necessary.
The Keep Calm-O-Matic is a wonderful tool to use when making your posters and it's what I used to make the posters above.
And one more thing...have fun! Lots of fun!
I am very much looking forward to seeing your entries! :)
Contest is now closed, thanks to everyone who voted!
Finalists Announced: http://old-fashionedcharm.blogspot.com/2012/05/keep-calm-and-vote-for-your-favorite.html
Winners Announced: http://old-fashionedcharm.blogspot.com/2012/05/period-drama-keep-calm-contest-winners.html