Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A sign I found at a dollar store. Love the vintage look!

May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks
May your heart be as light as a song,
May each day bring you bright, happy hours
That stay with you all the year long.
- An Irish Blessing


And just for a bit of fun, take a look at what I found yesterday: The High Kings in Lego form!

Introduction to The High Kings

The Irish Pub - The High Kings
(love the accordion and bodhran!)

Whiskey In The Jar - The High Kings
(love the whiskey jars part so seamless and filling the charges up with water part!)

Green Fields of France - The High Kings
(don't really like the message behind this song but it's still so neat to see what the Legos get up to!)

Hope these videos made you smile as much as they did me! :-D

My Irish Blessings book and the cute tag from my new Ireland t-shirt.
My St. Patrick's Day celebrations started early when my dad and I went to an Irish themed mystery dinner theater (a late birthday gift for him). We didn't solve the mystery but the buffet dinner was delicious and the whole evening was a lot of fun! 
Today being Sunday I'm wearing green to church, helping with the fours and fives Sunday School class (they are so cute!) and listening to some of my favorite Irish hymns. Monday my family will have our traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner and Irish Cream bars for dinner. I've been enjoying listening to the new Celtic Thunder CD on Spotify too. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!


How are you celebrating St. Patrick's Day this year?



1 comment:

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

We had our Irish dinner last night, as my dad works tonight, and watched Darby O'Gill. We still have a few,more Irish movies to watch today. ;-)
And I love The High Kings, and the Irish Pub song is my favorite of theirs! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...