Friday, July 12, 2013

There's Something In The Water!

Take a look at what's in the water! It's pretty fantastic!

 

Isn't that great? Makes me laugh! :)


"It's Colin Firth, but not as we know him. He's 12 feet tall and made of fiberglass.

A statue of brooding Mr. Darcy, the character played by Oscar-winner Firth in Pride and Prejudice, was installed Monday in Serpentine Lake in London's Hyde Park." - from USA Today

"The statue of superhuman proportions has been temporarily installed in the Serpentine lake in Hyde Park, London, and will tour the UK before settling at its final home in Lyme Park, Cheshire, where the eye-catching scene was filmed." - The Guardian



Very ironic that the statue depicts Mr. Darcy from P&P 1995 and not the real Mr. Darcy of the novel. It's not my favorite scene, in fact I thought it is a bit ridiculous, but the statue is so funny! Hahahaha! 


How would you like to go swimming or boating and see Mr. Darcy in the lake?  



3 comments:

Emma Jane said...

My goodness. That is pretty strange! : P

~Emma : )

Miss Jane Bennet said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I was giggling SO hard at the pictures of the statue...that would be really weird to bump into Mr. Darcy in the lake. :D
I wonder how Colin Firth feels about it...somehow I doubt that he'll go boating on *that* particular lake much. ;)

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

I can't stop laughing! :-D
I think swimming or boating around that would be a bit awkward.
I wonder what Colin Firth thinks of it? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...