Sunday, May 31, 2015

Morning Sunlight - Art & Film

I love those moments when you see a film that is so beautifully filmed that it imitates art, or as is the case this time, art that reminds you of a favorite film!

I posted this piece of art on my Tumblr and it immediately put me in mind of Marianne Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility (1995)!

'Morning Sunlight' (1919) by Karl Harald Alfred Broge (1870 - 1955)



To be exact the figure reminds me of Kate Winslet as Marianne Dashwood:





The dress reminds me of the dark mourning clothing Marianne and Elinor wear, particularly this dress:




And the scene reminds me a bit of Barton Cottage where they live.




Is it just me or do you see a similarity too?

Have you ever been struck my similarities between art and your favorite period films?


6 comments:

Naomi Pitts said...

My goodness, yes! That is so true. :-) I absolutely ADORE your tumblr, by the way. I keep on revisiting it for more randomly nice pictures. :-)

A Candle to Read By said...

oh, yes--the movie certainly captures the same sense of color and style in the art. You never know where set and costume designers get their inspiration.

Antheia said...

I see the resemblance! And it's lovely.

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

I definitely see it! :D

Anonymous said...

I definitely see a resemblance. At first I wasn't sure if it was the painting or actually from the movie!

Naomi Pitts said...

Miss Laurie, I came across this (http://kissthemgoodbye.net/movie/displayimage.php?album=228&pid=498959#top_display_media) screencap of Belle, and also found it rather similar! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...